Friday, March 20, 2009

questions unanswered

Phew… I am so happy I read that article on stupidity before attending lab meeting today. I felt quite stupid and yet I felt comfort in remembering that it may actually be a good thing (sigh). By the end of the presentation I had a page full of questions that (today, my fist lab mtg) I did not have the heart or the nerve to ask out loud. But bear with me while I muddle through. I need to feel a little safer in this field: I don’t want to ask a really naïve question only to be answered with contempt because, after all, I am trained “just” as a plant biologist. Actually, I really always loved being one, it’s just that this kind of project has been calling for me... seriously, what else could I do but answer?? Anyway, I know it will take some time to convince my peers that I am one of them, and that I don’t expect to be excused of asking pertinent and important questions. So I kept my list to do some research on my own before airing the doubts to the group. I know. How insecure am I?

No comments: